“To truly thrive, begin with sleep.”
The method or cheat code that we use isn’t a mystery - feeling that there aren’t enough hours in a day, we tend to compromise our sleep time! The very thing that aides to our success.
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine USA, sleep enhances our immune system, in agreement with the popular wisdom that ‘sleep helps healing’. Quality sleep helps our body defend itself by making more white blood cells that attack viruses and bacteria. Further, ‘Beauty Sleep’ is no myth. The skin breathes and replenishes itself during sleep so that one looks rejuvenated and fresh throughout the day.
If quality sleep can do so much for our body, why not choose quality bedding to enhance it. An average person spends about a quarter of their life in bed, which is an important reason one should choose bedding that is healthy, breathable and gentle on the skin. Organic bedding, with its completely non-toxin and chemical-free nature, is perfect for a healthy and enhanced sleep.
Why Organic Cotton?
Cotton has the ability to wick moisture, keeping the body cool and dry all night and reducing allergies. Organic Cotton Bedding is more comfortable and breathable compared to synthetic cotton yarns. It is also better for the environment since it uses far less water in the making and has a lower carbon footprint than non-organic cotton.
But what is the right way to sleep?
It is not by taking a long afternoon nap to make up for the lost hours of sleep during the night. The right way to sleep is to have a proper sleep cycle. Typically, a complete 7 to 8 hours of sleep in the night to make sure you wake up feeling refreshed the next morning.
Here are some benefits of going to bed at the right hour
- Sleep is beneficial to the creative process. A study has shown that sleep helps the brain connect unrelated ideas, which in turn aids creative problem solving.
- Sleep, positive emotions and happiness are closely connected. Sleep can give you energy and a more positive outlook. You need to get enough sleep to think properly and make tough decisions easily.
- Sleep not only improves our day to day functionality and gives us a healthier life, but also allows us to connect with a deeper part of ourselves. Hence, reclaim this very special realm of self-fulfillment.
- Have you ever heard the proverb, “Sleep it over!”. It is true. If you are stumped about something or troubled by a big issue, hit the hay, and you may wake up to a new way of looking at it.
- “Sleep is the best meditation”, as proclaimed by the Dalai Lama. Meditation and sleep are similar in the way that they help us relax and abandon our thoughts. Good sleep brightens our mood; when you’re refreshed every morning, it is much easier to be pleasant. Organic Cotton Bedding further enhances this ‘good feeling’ because it much softer, absorbent and fluff than non-organic cotton.
- A good night’s sleep is much better and a lot cheaper than other beauty treatments, to look healthy and attractive. Breathable and allergy-free organic bedding adds to the sleep therapy. No amount of washing removes permanent pressing of pesticides from synthetic cotton bedding.
- Sleep keeps you slim and lowers cravings. Research shows that people eat nearly 300 fewer calories per day when they sleep
Hence, sleep is avant-garde in making us live happier and longer. If we don’t sleep well, our body and mind will not function properly, and our irritable behavior will impact our social and professional performances. By slipping into organic bedding each night, you will know that you are surrounded by all-natural comfort that is good for you and the earth. Data from ever-sleep-sensitive NASA too concludes the fact that sleep is what stands between rationality and insanity, be it on Earth or in space.